Who should be a member?
All enterprises subject to the Regulation, under the terms of section 4 of the Regulation, and any out-of-province enterprise that decides to become a mandated member in order to represent members subject to the Regulation, or any other enterprise that the SOGHU Board of Directors decides not to penalize by the Regulation, that is a member of SOGHU in accordance with its internal bylaws and:
- markets a subject Product under a brand, name or distinctive sign which it owns;
- markets a subject Product under a brand, name or distinctive sign which it uses;
- is responsible for the design of a subject Product marketed under more than one brand, name or distinctive sign;
- acts as first supplier of a subject Product, whether or not it is the importer, in the cases covered by the third paragraph of section 2 of the Regulation;
- acquires subject Products outside Quebec or manufactures subject Products (including any such acquisition or manufacturing of subject Products by a Municipality) for its own use;
- is part of a group of enterprises of the same chain, franchise or banner that market subject Products on the Quebec market under the same brand, banner or distinctive sign, or for which they act as first supplier;
- markets on the Quebec market, in one of the cases described above, a product of which at least one component is a subject Product, whether the main product is subject or not.
NOTE: A mandatary contributor that joins SOGHU in accordance with its internal bylaws is also a member.
List of members
NEW EHC OneWindow Online Remittance Form
If you need assistance in completing the online remittance form, do not hesitate to contact the EHC Support Team at EHCsupport@usedoilrecycling.ca. It will be our pleasure to assist you. It is very important to read the instructions. You can also refer to the User guide and the frequently asked questions documents.
Remitter User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
Member information is based on SOGHU’S internal data. Any changes must be requested in writing prior to completing the online remittance form.
Payment by Mail
204-248 Fréchette Blvd
Electronic payment via internet
Contact SOGHU for more information
If you cannot open the attached file, please visit www.adobe.com to download a free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Latest Regulation respecting the recovery and reclamation of products by enterprises (available in French only)
- General By-laws (2018 Reform)
- EHC applicable products list
- OEM categories summary
- Members manual
- Membership agreement
- Schedule 2 of the membership agreement
- Membership application form
- Agreement of January 1st, 2019 between SOGHU and RECYC-QUÉBEC
- Exemption of one member to another
Become a member
Who is required to participate in the program?
What documentation do I need to become a member of SOGHU?
a) the membership application form
b) the membership agreement signed, dated and initialized on every page
c) schedule 2 (EXCEL file to be completed and returned by email at email@example.com)
d) a check of $ 200.00 plus all applicable taxes
SOGHU will only register you as a member upon receipt of all of the above information. Your name will then appear on our website in our list of members.
Important notice: The member agrees to remit the EHCs retroactively from the last 7 years on all SOGHU products sold or supplied by it, in compliance with article 3.7 of the membership agreement.
IT IS IMPERATIVE that you read the supplemental information sent to all members in compliance with the membership agreement. You will find this information in the Communiqués section of this website under “Members”.
How much is the Environmental Handling Charge (EHC)?
- $0.05 per litre of lubricating oils
- $0.15 per litre of capacity of containers of 50 litres or less for lubricating oils
- $0.35 per litre of capacity of Non-Métal or Non-HDPE containers of 50 litres or less for lubricating oils
- $0.10 per litre of antifreeze (glycol) mix
- $0.16 per litre of antifreeze (glycol) concentrate
- $0.08 per litre of capacity of containers of 50 litres or less for antifreeze (glycol)
- $0.30 per filter of less than 8 inches or 203 mm. (in length), and $0.80 per filter of 8 inches or 203 mm. (in length) and more
- $0.30 per sump type automatic transmission filter
- $0.35 per aerosol container (lubricant and brake cleaner)
EHCs are payable to SOGHU on a quarterly basis, within 30 days of the end of each quarter.