What is a collection facility?
Collection facilities are establishments registered with SOGHU to receive the designated products from small generators free of charge. These collection facilities are mechanical workshops, car dealerships but also many municipalities. SOGHU has developed a network of over 1,142 collection facillities throughout Quebec.
We congratulate the repair shops and the municipalities that agreed to be a collection facility and offer the service free of charge to the population. It has never been easier to recover these products.
* For larger generators of used oil materials, there are registered collectors that will come to your site, farm, place of business and take the material to a registered processor.
- Oils: Mineral, synthetic or vegetable oils intended for lubrication, insulation or heat transfer in motorized vehicles or equipment, or in the operation of hydraulic or transmission systems, except oils that combust when used such as oils intended to be blended with combustion engine fuel, machine tool slideway lubricants, chainsaw chain oils, drawing, stamping, shaping or form oils, drilling oils, conveyor lubricating oils, dust control oils, penetrating oils and rustproof oils.
- Filters: Oil filters intended for internal combustion engines, hydraulic systems and transmissions, filters for heating systems using light heating oil and for oil storage tanks, coolant and antifreeze filters and diesel filters which are assimilated to oil filters for the purposes of this Regulation.
- Oil containers: Containers of 50 litres or less used for marketing the designated oils.
- Aerosol containers: Aerosol containers manufactured for the purpose of holding an oil product as well as aerosol containers used to contain products used as brake cleaner.
- Antifreeze (glycol): Coolants and antifreeze intended for use in vehicles, machinery or motorized equipment, except vegetal coolants and antifreeze, as well as coolants and antifreeze used for aircraft de-icing.
- Antifreeze (glycol) containers: Containers of 50 litres or less used for marketing the designated antifreeze (glycol).
Promotion on filters -$$$-
SOGHU WANTS TO THANK YOU
As an appreciation for registering with SOGHU as collection facility and to encourage you to increase your filter collections, SOGHU has implemented a PROMOTION on filters.
In fact, SOGHU will pay collection facilities subsidies (RIs) based on the amount of filters (by weight) collected by SOGHU’s registered collectors.
You can submit your claim to SOGHU at your convenience : Quarterly (3 months), bi-annually (6 months) or annually. You will find the details of this promotion by using the following link: Details of the promotion.