- Oils: Mineral, synthetic or vegetable oils intended for lubrication, insulation or heat transfer in motorized vehicles or equipment, or in the operation of hydraulic or transmission systems, as well as brake fluids, except oils that combust when used such as oils intended to be blended with combustion engine fuel, machine tool slideway lubricants, chainsaw chain oils, drawing, stamping,shaping or form oils, drilling oils, conveyor lubricating oils, dust control oils, penetrating oils and rustproof oils.
- Filters: Oil filters intended for internal combustion engines, hydraulic systems and transmissions, filters for heating systems using light heating oil and for oil storage tanks, coolant and antifreeze filters and diesel filters which are assimilated to oil filters for the purposes of this Regulation.
- Oil containers: Containers of 50 litres or less used for marketing the designated oils.
- Aerosol containers: Aerosol containers manufactured for the purpose of holding an oil product as well as aerosol containers used to contain products used as brake cleaner.
- Antifreeze (glycol): Coolants and antifreeze intended for use in vehicles, machinery or motorized equipment, except vegetal coolants and antifreeze, as well as coolants and antifreeze used for aircraft de-icing.
- Antifreeze (glycol) containers: Containers of 50 litres or less used for marketing the designated antifreeze (glycol).
Collection facility or collector?
For small generators of used oil materials (farmers, small businesses, Do it Yourself mechanics), there are a lot of collection facilities.
For larger generators of used oil materials, there are registered collectors that will come to your site, farm, place of business and take the material to a registered processor.